31 October 2010

Togetherness Meditation - Day 102

Greetings Online Meditation Crew!

Today, the shout-outs flowed freely in the Morning and at Midday and will continue to flow into the Evening hours (based on American timezones that is!). Keep on the lookout for the #OMCru hashtag on Twitter.

Two special announcements:

1. HUGE bundles of gratitude and metta to all who participated in the Sit-A-Thon yesterday! As a sponsor, a sitter, a supporter, you all rocked \m/ _/\_

2. The OMCru is branchin' out into....recipe swappin'! That's right the Twangha is now sharin' their favorite foods and dishes via the #OMCook hashtag on Twitter. Be sure to send out some tasty tweets!

In honor of the Hungry Ghosts, today's community-fostering question is:

Do you/does your family celebrate Halloween/Dia de los Muertos/All Saints - All Souls Day/Fall Festival? What are your celebrations like? Be sure to post some photos! 

Have a spooktacular day Crew! Namaste _/\_ \m/ <3

6 comments:

  1. We mark Samhain (Halloween) as a changing of the seasons and usually put up a Dia de los muertos altar (ofrenda, I think). This year I didn't build one since we're moving. I miss the ceremony of it. It serves to remind me of death and that every moment must be lived fully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much did our CREW raise?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The OMCru raised over $500 for Against the Stream! _/\_

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome! that is wonderful for Against the Stream!! #OMCru has quite the presence! excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to go to the Halloween in the Castro, or the Dia de los Muertos parade when I lived in San Francisco. Now I usually stay in, although last year I went to a costume party here in Floyd.

    This year I bought some candy just in case kids came by, and spent a quiet night in. I ended up eating some of the tiny Reese's Pieces packets! It's a little too rural here to have many trick-or-treaters, and since I don't have kids myself, I don't know too many nearby parents.

    It was still fun to hang out with the Crew online :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We dressed up at work and went trick or treating around the office. I posted me in my costume on twitpic @queenj. This is our first year doing Halloween (secular) and Samhain (spiritual). I'm thinking about doing a ritual this Sunday which marks the astronomical crossquarter day between fall equinox and winter solstice.

    ReplyDelete