04 November 2010

Togetherness Meditation - Day 106

Hi OMCru, nice to see you again!

The #OMCru shout-outs have been flowing at a constant rhythm all morning, and will undoubtedly continue to do so during the rest of the day. Way to go, CREW!

Our daily mid-day (Americas) call to mindfulness will go out at 11:30am PDT / 2:30pm EDT, with early reminders to give you time to wind down, make some space in your activities and find a spot to share your practice.

The torch shall then be passed on to the fearless #eveningcrew, who will gather between 6:00-8:00pm PDT / 9:00-11:00pm EDT - be on the lookout and join in!

The CREW has been growing healthy and strong, bringing together people from incredibly diverse places, age groups, religious traditions and professional trades.

It's wonderfully inspiring to see how our respect for our differences has enriched our community and strengthened what we share in common, our commitment to spiritual practice.

In this spirit we'd like to pose today's community-fostering question:

How do you incorporate/balance your spiritual practice
and your everyday life, work and family activities?


Enjoy the day and keep that heavy metta stream flowing strong! _/|\_ :-) \m/

3 comments:

  1. Being a single father of two young boys and working full time and going to school as well, does not leave me with a lot of free time. I find myself checking in with the crew when I can, but a majority of my practice is spent when I have 15 or 20 minutes here or there. It could be at work on a lunch break or just when I know my 4 year old is gonna be wrapped up in an episode of Yo Gabba Gabba for a bit. Also I try and take a mindful approach to the things I am doing throughout the day. Mindfulness while working out, eating, washing the dishes, even driving helps me maintain some sanity and adds to my practice even when I am crunched for time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. blessed be retirement-of course-I still have to regulate myself and my time-having more of it means you feel like you can do it manana- so in that respect retirement is like any other time of your life- all about "making time" and following through. I have really enjoyed the blackberry notifier. I set it and rain or shine it tells me-TIME TO MEDITATE. I figure if a bb can have such a sentient attitude about my needs-well-I can too-and hop to it! Funny thing is-when it 'goes off' I often get a few folks around me interested too-share the wealth I say!

    In addition having the knowledge there is a whole crew of folks waiting for me to check in-is heartwarming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. still trying to balance everything but it helps to have specific times to meditate. I try to chant the same times everyday, 11a and 11p. I don't check in all the time cuz then I'll get distracted with the other stuff on my timeline LOL. I'm in school too but I'll be taking off next semester to concentrate on other things.

    ReplyDelete