06 November 2010

Togetherness Meditation (Weekend Edition) - Days 108 & 109

Why hello there CREW!

Hope everyone is breathing the day in deeply!

This weekend, the opportunities to Stop (what you are doing). Drop (to the cushion, chair, pavement, dirt road). MEDITATE! (Share your meditative practice with the Online Meditation Crew for 15 minutes, more or less) during the Morning and Evening will be plentiful! Just be on the lookout for the #OMCru hashtag on Twitter or over there ---> to the right---> on the Blog.

During Midday (in the Americas) this weekend and for many weekends to come, CREWmember @silvercrone will be leading the shout-outs at 11:30am PDT/2:30pm EDT. All are welcome to join in - anyone, anywhere, any time, any practice! (Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour Saturday night/Sunday morning if you are in North America, Crew!)

In honor of our new weekend Midday Meditative Meetup leader - silvercrone - our community-fostering question is:

What are some of your hobbies/special interests/talents (not related to work & besides the OMCru!)?

And here is some 411 on the significance of the number '108' (as the OMC will be celebrating 108 days in existence this Saturday!): here and here (just for starters!).

Namaste Crew! _/|\_ Enjoy the weekend! \m/ :-) <3


1 comment:

  1. boy-that's a mouth full- Midday Mediative Meetup - add Mum - it becomes MMMM - ha! I like that. Happy day 108-glad to be a OMcru member & to help out.

    I have had various hobbies over the years-crochet,piano,guitar, camping stand out as faves. During the Peter,Paul & Mary era I actually was IN a trio singing & playing. Ahh those were the coffeehouse days Starbucks will never see! But as the hands got stiffer I moved on to indoor plants (I buy the dying ones lol) & trying my hand at Bonsai tending. I had several years ago but kids/work & life intervened. I am growing 2 babies now.
    I started a Jade from cuttings a few years ago and it is a beauty now.

    I also raise canaries, for fun & resale. Canary couples are loving to each other & to their babies. Wonderful joyous birds. New brood in spring!

    From time to time I dable in antiques resale; a hobby I inherited from my folks who had a shop. They left me quite a bit to sell or pass on to my sons.

    Last but not least-I actually count cooking as a hobby I enjoy experimenting with it so much. So many recipes so little time! Right now I am into everything Indian & am learning about the many spice combos there are.

    So wonderful to share stuff with my new OMCru friends & to learn about their interests.

    DAR

    ReplyDelete